Gary R. Kessler Gets Results
Although every matter is unique and requires its own thoughtful approach, some recent results in both litigation and non-litigated matters include:
Recent Plaintiff Verdicts/Results
- Severance and change-in-control payments of $1.4 million to executive of a consumer goods company.
- $1.1 million judgment against a petroleum company in federal court in racial discrimination lawsuit by business owner.
- Arbitration award for $1 million severance pay after arbitration panel ruled that termination was not for cause.
- $725,000 settlement in mortgage fraud case.
- $700,000 severance pay arbitration award after arbitration panel ruled that termination was not for cause.
- Severance payment of $650,000 for bank executive.
- $500,000 sexual harassment settlement on behalf of an executive assistant before filing of charge.
- $400,000 Sarbanes Oxley settlement before filings.
- $340,000 verdict in breach of duty of loyalty case against disloyal manager and his subsequent employer, plus $185,000 in attorneys’ fees.
- $280,000 employment fraud verdict based on employer’s misrepresentations
Recent Defendant Verdicts/Results
- Defense verdict for a major bank in employment fraud arbitration in which the three (3) Plaintiffs sued for $2 million in forfeited commissions.
- Appellate reversal in employee benefits class action by retirees who claimed entitlement to $4 million in special pensions. (as co-counsel)